Wills, Estates & Trusts
Our wills, estates and trusts group provides planning and litigation services to individuals, fiduciaries, charities and institutions. Many of our planning practitioners are also part of Fillmore Riley’s highly regarded tax group.
We can assist you with a wide range of planning services, including:
- Wills, powers of attorney and healthcare directives
- Business succession planning and estate freezes
- Probate and estate administration
- Charitable giving
Estate and trust issues can become complicated and contentious. Our practitioners have the advocacy skills to assist you with dispute resolution, including:
- Contested wills and will interpretation
- Appointment and removal of executors, administrators, attorneys and committees
- Dependants’ relief applications
- Trust interpretation
- Trust variation/termination
- Passing of accounts
Our lawyers have appeared before all levels of court in Manitoba and have extensive experience advising on complex asset, trust and estate issues.