Kelly is a partner in the firm’s commercial law and taxation practices.
She focuses on transactional business law and corporate reorganizations for corporate and private clients. She has significant experience with a broad range of commercial legal matters, including conveyancing, leasing, financing transactions and governance matters.
Kelly is recognized for leading a sophisticated charities and not-for-profit enterprises practice. Her clients include foundations, prominent charities and new entities seeking charitable status. She advises on every legal concern a charity could encounter, including governance, establishment and winding-up, fundraising and risk management.
In addition to mentoring junior lawyers, Kelly holds several important leadership positions in the firm. She serves as part of Fillmore Riley’s Executive Committee and as the firm’s ambassador for TAGLaw, a global network of leading law firms of which Fillmore Riley is a longtime member.
- Counsel to Richardson International Limited in its transformational asset acquisitions from Viterra following it acquisition by Glencore International, plc.
- Advisor to Sunrise Poultry Processors on its acquisition of Dunn-Rite Food Products and its associated hatchery business
- University of Manitoba, LLB, 2002
- University of Winnipeg, BA, 1999
- Nunavut, 2022
- Manitoba, 2003
- Contact Partner, TAGLaw, A Worldwide Alliance of Independent Law Firms
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Manitoba Branch