Fillmore Riley has one of the largest, longstanding Insurance practices in the region. Our understanding of the intricacies and the evolution of the insurance sector is comprehensive.
Our insurance law practice group works in all areas of property, casualty and specialty insurance lines. We represent most of Canada’s major national insurers, a variety of international insurers and many large insurance programs.
We provide services in the following areas:
- Defending suspicious claims
- Defending insurers against coverage and bad faith claims
- Investigation and defence
- Product liability
- Defending personal injury and general liability
- Defending life and disability claims
- Professional liability including prosecution and defence of discipline proceedings
- Advising on and prosecuting subrogation claims
- Coverage opinions
- Construction and business interruption claims
We have built strong working relationships with others who work in and around the insurance industry, including adjusters, forensic accountants, engineers, fire investigators, government offices and agencies, medical experts and investigators. These relationships enhance our ability to provide the best possible representation for our insurance clients.
We're a founding member of Risk Management Counsel of Canada (RMC), a national association of independent law firms with expertise in risk management by providing a range of cost-effective and quality services for the insurance industry, risk retention groups and self-insureds.