Aaron practises in civil litigation, with a focus on commercial litigation and insurance matters.
Aaron advises parties in commercial contract disputes, shareholder and corporate governance disputes, interim remedies and asset tracing and securities litigation. He also acts for insured corporate and public sector entities defending a broad range of civil claims.
Aaron has significant experience acting for insurers and resolving matters for clients in construction, real estate and development industries. He also has experience with contractor disputes and construction liens.
In addition, Aaron supports Fillmore Riley’s financial services clients, including banks and credit unions in bankruptcy, foreclosure and debt enforcement proceedings. He has appeared before trial and appellate courts in Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Ontario. He also represents clients in regulatory proceedings and ADR processes.
- Ostrowski v. Weinstein et el., 2022 MBQB 3 (CanLII)
- Smith v. Lehmann et al., 2022 MBQB 155 (CanLII)
- Loeppky et al v. Taylor McCaffrey LLP et al., 2021 (CanLII): Successfully defended directors and officers of a hog production company against allegations of fraud, misrepresentation and inducing breach of contract.
- 52000 Manitoba Ltd. and 4472048 Manitoba Ltd. v., 2021 MBQB 194 (CanLII)
- Crate et al. v Government of Manitoba et al., 2020 MBQB 9 (CanLII): Judicial review of the issuance of a licence under The Environment Act
- Olford et al. v. Springwood Homes Inc, 2019 MBCA 2 (CanLII)
- Sharma v. Sandhu, 2019 MBQB 160 (CanLII): Successfully defended an application under s. 178(1)(e) of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act to have a judgment survive bankruptcy on the basis that the judgment was a debt or liability resulting from obtaining property or services by false pretences or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Berscheid v Marlow Farms Ltd. et al., 2019 MBCA 118 (CanLII): Acted for defendants who successfully had a claim dismissed as a result of the plaintiff's failure to comply with orders regarding the production of documents.
- Ryan v. Canadian Farm Insurance Corp. et al., 2014 MBQB 178 (CanLII)
- Ryan v. Canadian Farm Insurance Corp. et al., 2013 MBQB 271 (CanLII)
- Presenter, "Notable Cases for Civil Litigators 2021-2022” (Manitoba Bar Association, The MBA 2023 Mid-Winter Conference, January 2023)
- Presenter, "Dismissal for Delay" (Manitoba Bar Association, The MBA 2020 Mid-Winter Conference, January 2020)
- University of Manitoba, JD, 2012
- University of Winnipeg, BA, 2008
- Manitoba, 2013
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Manitoba Branch