Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Restructuring
Our Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Restructuring group draws on the strength of our multidisciplinary team to arrive at creative, action-oriented solutions for our clients. We have a long history of representing clients in some of the most complex cases involving Manitoba corporations and individuals.
We bring our advocacy skills and experience to develop the best solutions for your situation. We provide legal advice on a range of Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Restructuring issues, including:
- Recovering outstanding loans or debts
- Resolving outstanding debt and any default on loan agreements
- Helping borrowers with reorganization and/or restructuring, either informally or formally, under available provincial and federal legislation
- Advising trustees in bankruptcy, receivers, managers and liquidators
- Advising both lenders and borrowers in all aspects of commercial and farm loans, including arbitration, mediation and proceedings under available provincial and federal legislation
- Appearing before all levels of court to determine a debtor's or creditor's rights for both secured and unsecured loans
- Advising bankrupts on rights and on discharge applications
We are members of the Insolvency Institute of Canada and the Canadian Insolvency Practitioners Association and actively participate in and present at industry conferences.