Kelsey is an associate in Fillmore Riley’s litigation practice, focusing on insurance law.
She advises insured commercial parties, municipalities, educational institutions and insurance companies on a broad range of claims, coverage disputes and subrogation matters. Kelsey has experience in the area of professional regulation and disciplinary matters. Acting on behalf of regulated professionals and their associations in respect of misconduct and negligence claims and allegations.
Kelsey works in support of the firm’s labour and employment practice. She advises employers and employees on all aspects of employment and labour law, with an emphasis on privacy and information management concerns. Her developing privacy law practice extends to advising every type of data holder and data manager on disclosure, data breach and regulatory compliance. She has appeared before all levels of court in Ontario and Manitoba, and before the Manitoba Labour Board.
A graduate of the University of Manitoba, Kelsey was the recipient of prizes recognizing the highest class achievement in copyright law and criminal law and procedure.
- Co-Presenter, "Legal Issues pertaining to Student Associations” (2019 National Business School Conference, November 2019)
- Co-Presenter, "Social Media and Education" (Manitoba School Boards Association, Fall Professional Development & Meetings, November 2019)
- Presenter, “Social Media in the Educational Workplace” (Pembina Trails School Division, October 2017)
- University of Manitoba, JD, 2017
- Manitoba, 2018
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Manitoba Branch