- T:(204) 957 8317
- F:(204) 954 0317
Aron draws from his experience to provide clients with timely and practical advice to help them comfortably navigate their complex tax and legal matters.
Aron is a partner in the firm’s Taxation practice. Aron’s practice includes personal and corporate taxation, business structuring, corporate reorganizations, divisive reorganizations, restructuring tax-exempt organizations, business succession planning, estate planning, wills and trusts, tax disputes, and related corporate governance matters. He also acts as general corporate and tax counsel to health care and other professionals, including doctors and dentists, and assists entrepreneurs who are looking to start or expand their businesses.
Aron volunteers his time extensively in the legal and general communities. He serves as Chair of the Finance Committee of the Jewish Federation of Winnipeg, and sits on its Board of Directors and Executive Committee. He was previously a director of Winnipeg’s Jewish Child and Family Service. Aron is also completing his second term as an elected council member of the Manitoba Bar Association. He has served as a contributing editor to Canadian Tax Focus and as a coach to the University of Manitoba’s Bowman National Tax Moot team.
A graduate of the University of Manitoba Faculty of Law, Aron was the recipient of numerous awards, including the Tradition Law LLP Wealth and Succession Prize, the Cecil Black Memorial Prize in Taxation of Trusts and Estates, the Scotiabank Award in Trusts, and the D.A. Thompson, Q.C. Prize in Income Tax Law and Policy.
- Co-Presenter, "Introduction to Medical Corporations" (General Surgery Residents’ Academic Half-Day, March 2020)
- Co-Presenter, "Introduction to Dental Corporations" (Manitoba Dental Students' Association, March 2017–2019)
- Presenter, "Introduction to Medical Corporations and the Taxation Thereof " (General Surgery Residents’ Retreat, August 2018)
- Presenter, “Estate Planning For Your Future” (Will Week, April 2017) Presenter, "Tax Topics for Small Business Leaders" (TEC [The Executive Committee] Canada, February 2017)
- University of Manitoba, JD, 2014
- Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, HBA (with distinction), 2011
- Manitoba, 2015
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, The Advocates’ Society
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Manitoba Branch