"Offering my knowledge is one part of legal services; the other is offering exceptional client service. When my clients have a need, I respond with prompt care, skill, and attention. "
Areas of Focus
Delaney is a partner of Fillmore Riley LLP who practises mainly in the areas of corporate and commercial law, real estate, and condominium law.
As part of Delaney’s corporate/commercial practice, she provides assistance to clients of all sizes and at all stages of business development from start-ups and acquisitions to divestitures. She also assists commercial clients on various aspects of their businesses, including leasing, financing, partnership agreements, and shareholders agreements. She acts for both purchasers and vendors of commercial real estate, ranging from vacant land to multi-tenant commercial buildings.
In her condominium practice, she assists condominium developers in the creation of condominium projects, as well as offering legal counsel and assistance to existing condominium corporations and unit owners on a wide range of matters from collection of outstanding common expenses, amendments to governing documents and addressing damage to units and/or common elements.
- Chair, Articling Student Recruitment Committee, Fillmore Riley LLP
- Member, Marketing Committee, Fillmore Riley LLP
- Member, Diversity and Inclusion Committee, Fillmore Riley LLP
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Director, Canadian Condominium Institute, Manitoba Chapter
- Co-Chair, Government Relations Committee, Canadian Condominium Institute, Manitoba Chapter
- Member, Communications/Marketing Committee, Canadian Condominium Institute, Manitoba Chapter
- Director, St. Mary’s Academy Foundation Inc.
- Chair, St. Mary’s Academy Alumnae Business Networking Committee
- Director, Manitoba Organization of Disc Sports
Publications / Presentations
- Author, Regulating Viatical Settlements in Canada (2010)
- Co-Author, Revisiting the Handmaid's Tale (regarding commercial surrogacy as a valid enterprise for women), 2009