Rachel combines her business acumen and her knowledge of the law to help her clients achieve their goals.
She works with public and private companies, family businesses, early-stage companies, investors and entrepreneurs on a broad range of transactions. These include asset purchases and dispositions, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations and financings. She has particular experience working with major players in commercial real estate and transportation. She is passionate about helping women business owners navigate the challenges of starting and growing their endeavours.
Rachel is a graduate of the University of Manitoba and was the President of the Business Law Group during her time at Robson Hall. In addition to her practice, she is Director and Vice-Chair of the C.P. Loewen Family Foundation.
- Represented the Ironclad Group on its sale of several new construction multifamily apartment buildings in Manitoba and British Columbia to various purchasers for aggregate sale proceeds in excess of $425 million
- Represented the shareholders of the Penner International group of companies on their sale of shares and the more than 300 underlying tractors to C.A.T. Inc.
- Assisted counsel to James Richardson & Sons, Limited on the acquisition of the Bison Transport group of companies, headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The Bison Transport group operates one of the largest transportation businesses in Canada, with over 3,700 employees and contractors operating a fleet of 2,100 tractors and 6,000 trailers, and services a wide variety of multinational, national and local customers
- University of Manitoba, JD, 2014
- University of Manitoba, BComm (Honours), 2009
- Manitoba, 2015
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Manitoba Branch