Doug advises businesses in sectors across the whole spectrum of the Manitoba economy on all aspects of commercial law, including mergers and acquisitions, asset purchases and dispositions, corporate reorganizations, commercial real estate transactions, land development and commercial leasing matters.
Doug also leads a sophisticated banking practice. He works with banks, credit unions and financial services providers and also corporate borrowers, on debt issuances, equity financings and secured lending including syndicated financing transactions.
Doug is a board chair of Ronald McDonald House Charities Manitoba supporting families with sick or injured children requiring medical care and a committee member of the Dream Factory Foundation, a Manitoba-based charity dedicated to fulfilling dreams for children facing life-threatening illnesses.
- Borrower counsel on syndicated credit facilities in agribusiness and transportation industries
- Agent counsel on syndicated credit facilities in agribusiness and service industries
- University of Manitoba, LLB, 2007
- Brandon University, BA, 2001
- Manitoba, 2009
- Alberta, 2008
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Manitoba Branch