Delaney has a diverse corporate practice that includes mergers and acquisitions, commercial real estate and condominium law.
She provides assistance to companies of all sizes and at all stages of the business life cycle from start-ups and acquisitions to divestitures. She has also assisted her commercial clients on various aspects of their businesses, including leasing, financing, partnership agreements and shareholders agreements.
She has been a key team member on many of the firm’s most significant M&A transactions of the past decade, navigating the complexities of each transaction with diligence and care and providing timely and straightforward advice to clients.
Committed to making a difference, Delaney sits on the board of directors of the Winnipeg Humane Society, the St. Mary’s Academy Foundation and the Manitoba Organization of Disc Sports. Within the firm, she leads Fillmore Riley’s articling student recruitment and development program.
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Commercial Leasing Law; Corporate Law
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2023 Lawyer of the Year, Commercial Leasing Law (Winnipeg)
Acquisitions & Commercial Financings
- Counsel to James Richardson & Sons, Limited on the acquisition of the Bison Transport group of companies, headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba. The Bison Transport group operates one of the largest transportation businesses in Canada, with over 3,700 employees and contractors operating a fleet of 2,100 tractors and 6,000 trailers, and services a wide variety of multinational, national and local customers
- Lead counsel to The Dufresne Spencer Group on its 11 acquisition transactions since 2012 in the United States of America to grow into a top 20 furniture retailer in the U.S., with over 125 Ashley HomeStores, 20 Distribution Centres and nearly 3,500 team members across 12 U.S. states
Sales and Dispositions
- Counsel for the vendor in the sale of the TransX Group of Companies, a major North American road haulage and logistics enterprise, to Canadian National Railway
- Advisor to the vendor in the acquisition by Amazon Web Services of Thinkbox Software Inc.
- Counsel to the Asper family in the sale of 201 Portage Avenue, a significant Winnipeg office tower, to Greystone Managed Investments and Harvard Developments
- Advised a major tenant leasing multiple floors in a new commercial tower in downtown Winnipeg
- Counsel to a local developer of multifamily residential projects in Winnipeg, completing 5 condominium projects in the last four years
- Counsel to a family-owned real estate investment company holding more than $30 million of real estate assets, advising on various repositioning, acquisition and divestiture matters
- Presenter, “Purchaser Considerations in Share Purchase Agreements” (Law Society of Manitoba, October 2020)
- Co-Presenter, “Condominiums and COVID-19” (Canadian Condominium Institute, April 2020)
- University of Manitoba, LLB, 2008
- Manitoba, 2009
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Manitoba Branch