"Giving great service to my clients means: mastering the tax laws; being responsive; being decisive; anticipating problems; and making the deal - not breaking the deal!"
Areas of Focus
Cy practises primarily in the areas of taxation and trust law, and is a Senior Tax Partner. He has extensive experience in corporate tax planning, corporate reorganizations, estate planning, trust law, and tax litigation. He has appeared before all levels of Federal tax courts and acts for public companies, international clients and trusts, as well as small business clients. Cy was an Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Law, University of Manitoba for over 15 years, teaching all levels of tax courses.
- Member, Editorial Board of the Canadian Tax Journal
- Member, Editorial Board of the Estates, Trusts & Pensions Journal
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Former Governor, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Former Bencher, Law Society of Manitoba
- Former Member, Income Tax Advisory Group to the Federal Department of Finance
Publications / Presentations
Author of numerous papers and articles on taxation matters for the Canadian Tax Foundation and the Law Society of Manitoba.