Peter is one of the province’s leading securities lawyers.
He advises junior and established issuers and investors on takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, private and public offerings of debt and equity securities, public company reporting obligations and disclosure matters. He also can advise on shareholder activism, securities regulatory compliance and corporate governance matters for public and private entities.
Peter has particular experience acting for private equity funds and venture capital. He has advised a number of new entrants to the Manitoba economic landscape and capital markets across a variety of industries, including agriculture, technology, communications, real estate investment, mining and energy. He regularly acts as a local counsel and agent for national securities offerings. His client base includes some of Manitoba’s best-known and largest corporations.
Peter serves on the Board of Directors of the Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba, having held a number of significant charitable commitments in Winnipeg.
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, Corporate Finance & Securities
- Acted as counsel for MacDon Group of Companies in connection with its sale to Linamar Corporation for a total purchase price of $1.2 billion
- Acted as lead counsel to Smith Carter Architects and Engineers Incorporated, its related companies and their shareholders in the sale of Smith Carter Architects and Engineers Incorporated and Smith Carter USA LLC (collectively, “Smith Carter”) to GENIVAR Inc.
- Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario, MBA, 2007
- University of Manitoba, LLB, 1996
- University of Manitoba, BA, 1993
- Manitoba, 1997
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Manitoba Branch