Jessica is a family law lawyer, advising clients on all aspects of intersection between family life and the law.
Her practice includes prenuptial and pre-cohabitation matters, adoption, separation and divorce, custody matters, child and spousal support and division of family property including businesses. In addition to family law-related advocacy in court, Jessica is a member of Collaborative Practice Manitoba and qualified to advise clients seeking a collaborative approach to their family law matter.
Jessica has a number of community commitments, including service on the board of the Mennonite Brethren Collegiate Institute and is an active member of Athena Leadership, a Manitoba-based non-profit organization dedicated to advancing women in leadership through mentorship, networking, and peer collaboration. Jessica has enjoyed volunteering with the Royal Manitoba Theatre Centre Lawyer’s Play, both as a cast and now committee member. A graduate of the University of Manitoba, Jessica was recognized for achieving the highest class standing in securities law.
- Co-Presenter, “Pensions and Relationship Breakdown” (Canada Pension & Benefits Institute, November 2022)
- Presenter, “My Principal Has Asked Me…a Primer on Family Law During Your Articling Year” (CPLED Manitoba, September 2019)
- University of Manitoba, JD, 2015
- Manitoba, 2016
- Member, Collaborative Practice Manitoba
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Manitoba Branch