Areas of Focus
Iain is a partner of Fillmore Riley LLP and practises in the areas of corporate and commercial law with an emphasis on commercial real estate transactions and mergers and acquisitions.
He also maintains a general commercial practice providing advice to multinational corporations and owner-operated businesses on a variety of commercial matters.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association Mid-Winter Conference Planning Committee (2014- 2018)
- Account Executive, United Way
- Innovator, Children's Hospital Foundation of Manitoba Innovators Program (2017-2018)
Publications / Presentations
- Co-Author, "Digital life after death: Practice tips for estate planning and administration" (The Brief Volume 6 Issue 1, Spring 2014)
- Presenter, Digital and Online Assets: Estate Planning and Administration Issues (2014 MBA Manitoba Mid-Winter Conference)
- Co-Author, “The Privilege of Wills: Solicitor-Client Privilege Before and After Death” (2013), 32 E.T.P.J. 157
- Presenter, 2013 Manitoba Bar Association Mid-Winter Conference – Wills Section “Digital Assets”
- Presenter, Wills Week and various will & estates presentations