Areas of Focus
Peter is a partner at Fillmore Riley LLP and is the Chair of the firm’s Securities Law Practice Group. His preferred areas of practice are securities law and mergers and acquisitions law. Peter has been recognized in Best Lawyers International in the area of Mergers & Acquisition Law.
He has extensive experience advising public and private companies and other entities including startups in all areas of their businesses, including: equity and debt financings, public offerings, private placements, continuous disclosure obligations, regulatory compliance, corporate reorganizations, and corporate governance.
His experience also includes acting for both vendors and purchasers in connection with mergers and acquisitions, reverse take-overs, sales and purchases of businesses, joint ventures, and strategic alliances. He also has extensive experience acting for private equity funds and venture capital funds in connection with both equity and debt financings.
Peter’s practice covers various industries, including agriculture, technology, telecommunications, real estate, financial services, biotech, mining and oil and gas. Peter regularly acts as Manitoba counsel and agent in connection with national securities offerings and transactions.
He was seconded to The Manitoba Securities Commission in 2000, where he acted as Assistant Counsel responsible primarily for the review of exemptive relief applications.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Management Committee, Fillmore Riley LLP
- Chair, Marketing Committee, Fillmore Riley LLP
- Chair, Securities Law Practice Group, Fillmore Riley LLP
- Former Co-Chair, Securities Law Subsection, Manitoba Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba, Chair Governance/Nominating Committee
- Formerly Board of Governors, St. John's Ravenscourt School
- Formerly Board of Directors, The Young Associates
Publications / Presentations
- Lecturer, Raising Capital in Manitoba
- Lecturer, Business Transactions: The Art of the Deal (University of Manitoba - Faculty of Law)