Wes advises issuers and investors on takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, public and private offerings of equity and debt securities and securities law compliance matters particular to Manitoba’s distinct capital markets regulatory landscape.
Wes works with private equity investors, start-ups and early-stage enterprises to develop strategies for investment, growth and capital management. He advises larger Manitoba-based enterprises on shareholder activism and governance matters and is experienced in an array of corporate transactions. He also regularly advises law firms outside of Manitoba on local securities law and as an agent.
Wes co-chairs the firm's business law practice.
- Advised on Mosaic Capital Corporation’s $277.3 million sale to private entity owned by MCC Holdings Ltd. and Fairfax Financial Holdings Limited
- Acted on behalf of Lakeview Hotel Investment Corp. in connection with the sale of all the outstanding common shares and debentures of Lakeview Hotel Investment Corp. by way of a statutory plan of arrangement under the Canada Business Corporations Act
- Acted on behalf of 204 Property Restoration Services Ltd. and its shareholders by a team in connection with the sale of all or substantially all of the assets of 204 Property Restoration Services Ltd. to On Side Restoration Services (Manitoba) Ltd. (a subsidiary of Intact Insurance)
- University of Manitoba, LLB, 2004
- University of Manitoba, BComm (Honours), 2001
- Manitoba, 2005
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Manitoba Branch