- T:(204) 957 8312
- F:(204) 954 0312
Tim is a partner in the firm’s banking, financial services and business law practices.
He has decades of experience representing banks, credit unions, insurance companies, alternative lenders and other financial services providers on a broad range of lending work, including syndication, secured transactions, mezzanine lending and asset finance.
In addition, Tim is frequently engaged in deals involving the sale or reorganization of large real estate portfolios. He has particular experience in commercial leasing and the retail sector. He counts major REITs, asset managers and institutional landowners among his clients.
Tim has consistently been recognized by a number of respected peer ranking directories as a leading lawyer in Manitoba for banking, corporate and real estate law. He is board member of the Winnipeg Humane Society Foundation, a past board member of the Winnipeg Humane Society, and has held a number of other community-level board and counsel commitments.
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Banking and Finance Law; Corporate Law; Real Estate Law
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2014, 2017, 2019 & 2021 Lawyer of the Year, Banking and Finance Law (Winnipeg)
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2012 Lawyer of the Year, Real Estate Law (Winnipeg)
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2010 & 2016 Lawyer of the Year, Corporate Law (Winnipeg)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2023, Banking & Financial Institutions; Property Development
- Chambers Canada, Corporate/Commercial (Manitoba)
- Lead counsel for TD Bank as a lead arranger for a cross-border banking syndicate to provide $675 million in credit facilities to The Boyd Group
- Lead counsel for Slate Asset Management and related entities on their acquisition, development, and divestiture of their large office, retail and industrial portfolio across Western Canada
- Lead counsel for Custom House on its USD $370 million sale to Western Union
- Advised BCIMC Realty Corporation on its purchase of an industrial building portfolio for over $200 million, with subsequent advice on the development of the portfolio and divestiture of parts of its portfolio
- Advised The Bank of Nova Scotia as sole lead arranger for the banking syndicate providing $262,200,000 of credit facilities to TN Square Limited Partnership
- Advised The Bank of Nova Scotia as sole lead arranger for the banking syndicate providing $147,953,000 of credit facilities to TNS Graham Limited Partnership
- University of Manitoba, LLB, 1982
- University of Manitoba, BA, 1979
- Manitoba, 1983
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Manitoba Branch