Areas of Focus
Mark is a partner of Fillmore Riley LLP with an extensive advocacy practice covering commercial law, employment and labour law, municipal law and municipal tax assessment litigation, expropriation law, and administrative law.
He has appeared before all levels of court in Manitoba, the Supreme Court of Canada, the Federal Court of Canada, Manitoba and Canadian Human Rights Commission proceedings, Manitoba Labour Board, Manitoba Municipal Board, Boards of Revision, Inquiries in relation to expropriation, Land Value Appraisal Commission, labour arbitrations, commercial arbitrations, and has appeared before the courts of Manitoba in respect of Inquest proceedings. He has been a member of the Payment in Lieu of Taxes Advisory Panel appointed by the Government of Canada.
His practice includes mediation and arbitration proceedings, and he has engaged in conciliation and collective bargaining.
- Lecturer, Law Society of Manitoba - Continuing Legal Education Program
- Lecturer, Appraisal Institute of Canada
- Lecturer, Canadian Property Tax Association Annual Conferences
- Lecturer to various management and human resource organizations in respect of labour and employment matters
- Appointed by Government of Canada as a member of the Payment in Lieu of Taxes Advisory Panel, providing advice to the Minister of Public Works Canada, 2006-2009
- Appointed by City of Winnipeg as Chair, Commercial Property Advisory Group 1998 General Reassessment, City of Winnipeg
- Appointed by City of Winnipeg as member, Hotel and Commercial Property Advisory Groups 2002 General Reassessment, City of Winnipeg
- Past Member, Management Committee, Fillmore Riley LLP
- Past Member, Law Society of Manitoba, Standards Committee