Michael is a partner practising in the firm’s banking & financial services group.
He focuses primarily on bankruptcy and insolvency proceedings, asset recovery and debt enforcement, creditor’s rights and commercial lending. His clients include banks, credit unions, and other institutional creditors and insolvency trustees. He also advises pension funds on a variety of commercial matters.
In addition to working with clients that are national in scope, Michael has been recognized in the area of banking and financial services by a number of significant peer-ratings directories.
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Banking and Finance Law; Corporate and Commercial Litigation; Insolvency and Financial Restructuring Law
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2022 Lawyer of the Year, Banking and Finance Law (Winnipeg)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2023, Insolvency & Financial Restructuring — Financial Restructuring; Insolvency Litigation
- University of Manitoba, LLB, 1982
- University of Manitoba, BComm (Honours), 1979
- Manitoba, 1983
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Manitoba Branch