Glen leads a broad corporate/commercial practice with an emphasis on advising privately-held companies active in all major aspects of the Manitoba economy, including the manufacturing, retail and financial services sectors. Glen advises on business transactions of all kinds, secured lending and other financing and corporate governance.
A significant focus of Glen’s practice is in the domain of commercial real estate development. He provides legal advice, transaction management and strategic counsel to developers, construction companies, contractors, brokers and landowners on developments throughout Manitoba.
Glen was the managing partner of Fillmore Riley for 18 years. His leadership role in the firm today, although less formal, remains significant. Glen has a long history of service, including as a board member of CancerCare Manitoba Foundation, the Arthritis Society of Canada, the United Way of Winnipeg major donor cabinet and a number of other community commitments.
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Corporate Law; Real Estate Law
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Lawyer of the Year — Corporate Law: 2020
- Chambers Canada, Corporate/Commercial (Manitoba)
- Advising on all aspects of a major multi-use subdivision in the Waverly West area of Winnipeg, including land assembly, subdivision, and related collateral agreements and lot sales
- Lead counsel to the Winnipeg Commodity Exchange, later ICE Futures Canada Inc, in respect to all aspects of demutualization, electronic conversion and a sale by plan of arrangement
- Advised on all aspects of the development of the Seasons of Tuxedo development in Winnipeg, including the joint venture agreement for the development of the site
- Acted as Canadian counsel in advising Cabot Corporation on the $135 million sale of its specialty fluids business to Sinomine (Hong Kong) Rare Metals Resources Co. Limited
- Handled all legal aspects of a multi-lot, customized industrial subdivision known as Brookside Industrial Park including all aspects of subdivision, development agreements, easements and lots sales
- University of Manitoba, LLB, 1985
- Manitoba, 1986
- Member, The Associates, Asper School of Business, University of Manitoba
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Manitoba Branch