Dana practises primarily in the areas of estate litigation and financial services disputes.
His estate litigation practice involves contested wills, estate administration and planning disputes, capacity issues, and professional negligence matters. He advises estate trustees, personal representatives, advisory professionals and individuals.
As a focus of Dana’s civil litigation practice, he counsels financial institutions and private lenders on all aspects of creditor’s rights litigation, foreclosure and debt enforcement proceedings.
Since 2012, Benchmark Litigation has recognized Dana as a Litigation Star in the practice area of Estate Litigation. Leading practitioners are selected based on extensive interviews with peers and clients.
Throughout Dana’s career, he has devoted considerable time to programs and courses at Robson Hall, including giving guest lectures in estate litigation for the Wills and Estates course and acting as a judge for the Robson Hall Negotiation Competition, which Fillmore Riley sponsors.
- Benchmark Litigation, Insurance, Wills & Estates — Litigation Star
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Insurance Law; Trusts and Estate
- Author & Presenter, " Costs in Estate Litigation Hryniak, McDougald and Alternative Resolutions Models” (Law Society of Manitoba, November 2017)
- Author & Presenter, " Solicitor Client Privilege in Estate Litigation" (Law Society of Manitoba, October 2012)
- Author & Presenter, " Removing Personal Representatives- A Manitoba Perspective" (Manitoba Mid-Winter Bar Convention, January 2011)
- Author & Presenter, " Powers of Attorney: A Litigation Perspective" (Law Society of Manitoba, Continuing Professional Development Program, May 2010)
- University of Manitoba, LLB, 1977
- University of Manitoba, BA, 1974
- Manitoba, 1978
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Manitoba Branch