Anita is one of the province’s leading counsel for sophisticated trusts and estates management.
Her work includes estate litigation and contested wills, capacity matters including guardianship and management of property for minors and claims in negligence against trust and estate professionals, including lawyers. She has appeared at all levels of court in Manitoba and has extensive experience in mediation including having acted as a mediator.
Anita is a respected leader in the Manitoba legal community. In addition to her commitment to pro bono legal services through the Public Interest Law Centre, Anita is a life bencher and past President of the Law Society of Manitoba and a Director of the Winnipeg Foundation and The Manitoba Law Foundation. She is the 2021 recipient of the Manitoba Bar Association’s Isabel Ross MacLean Hunt award, which honours role models for women lawyers in Manitoba.
- Best Lawyers in Canada, Trusts and Estates
- Best Lawyers in Canada, 2016, 2018 & 2021 Lawyer of the Year, Trusts and Estates (Winnipeg)
- 2021 Manitoba Bar Association Isabel Ross MacLean Hunt Award
- 2011 Manitoba Bar Association Pro Bono Award for assistance on Daniels v. Daniels and Fontaine v. The Attorney General of Canada
- Appointed as amicus counsel in Fontaine et al. v. Attorney-General of Canada, a case addressing issues arising from the landmark residential schools victims class action settlement
- University of Manitoba, LLB, 1987
- University of Manitoba, BA (First Class Honours), 1984
- Manitoba, 1988
- Life Bencher, Law Society of Manitoba
- Past President, Law Society of Manitoba
- Member, Canadian Bar Association, Manitoba Branch