"Excellence and professionalism are the only acceptable standards of performance when I provide legal counsel to my clients."
Areas of Focus
Bob practises primarily in the areas of Regulatory Law and Administrative Law, representing clients in the relationship between government and its citizens. He has a wealth of knowledge and experience, spanning three decades and hundreds of cases, involving all aspects of energy regulation, including electricity and natural gas proceedings.
Acting as regulatory counsel in a full range of cases dealing with rates, tariffs, capital expansion, restructuring of marketplaces and climate change impacts for energy utilities, Bob provides strategic and practical advice.
Bob has, throughout his advocacy practice, appeared before the Supreme Court of Canada, the Manitoba Court of Appeal, the Federal Court of Appeal, the Court of Queen's Bench, the Public Utilities Board, Canadian Radio-television Telecommunications Commission, and numerous other Administrative Tribunals.
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Law Society of Manitoba
- Lecturer and Seminar Leader, Administrative Law and Appellate Advocacy (Manitoba Law Society)
- Past Lecturer, Red River College - Civil Litigation to Legal Assistant Program
- Director, Assiniboine Park Hockey Association
- Past Chair, Winnipeg Mennonite Elementary Schools Inc.
- Past President, Roblin Park Community Centre
- Former Member, Board of Directors, Victorian Order of Nurses