Land Use Planning & Natural Resources Development / Project Impact Assessments & Approvals / Environmental Site Audits & Assessments / Environmental Litigation / Environmental Due Diligence / Defending Federal & Provincial Prosecutions
Our team offers tailored expertise in environmental laws and regulations. These situations often involve issues of land use planning and natural resources development, including projects that require impact assessments and approvals from federal and provincial regulatory boards.
We can prepare and negotiate representations, warranties, indemnities, and risk allocation agreements. We help our clients navigate the environmental aspects of corporate and commercial due diligence procedures in mergers and acquisitions, property transactions, public offerings, and financing.
Our experience in all aspects of environmental law allows us to provide guidance to our clients in areas including:
- Potential liability of participants in environmentally sensitive projects (including lenders, receivers, and trustees in bankruptcy)
- Laws and regulations pertaining to waste management and disposal
- Storage, transportation, and handling of toxic, hazardous, or dangerous goods
- Dealing with spills and the preparation of spill response plans
- Occupational health and safety requirements
- Environmental site audits and assessments
- Contaminated sites remediation
- Insurance coverage for environmental liabilities
- Environmental litigation, prosecutions, and hearings