"Lawyering, in my view, is the pinnacle of client service. Being a part of this profession is an honour as is providing the highest standard of client service."
Areas of Focus
Jason practises in the area of general civil litigation with a focus on insurance, condominium and construction law.
- Volunteer Researcher, The Manitoba Law Reform Commission
- Law clerk to the Honourable Justice Louis LeBel, Supreme Court of Canada, 2012-2013
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Defence Lawyers
- Member, The Advocates’ Society
- Board Member, Pancreatic Cancer Canada
Publications / Presentations
- Author, "There is no place like home (for an argument over the meaning of faulty workmanship)" (Risk Management Counsel Newsletter, May 2016)
- Author, "Going, Going, Gone?" (Piling Canada Q1, 2016)
- Presenter, "Special Assessment Coverages for Condominium Unit Owners” (Manitoba Claims Managers Association, March 2015)
- Author, "Don’t be crabby about an adverse trial decision…appeal!" (Risk Management Counsel Newsletter, November 2014)
- Author, "Don’t be too Swift to rely on Limitation of Liability clauses: a cautionary tale from Alberta’s highest court" (Piling Canada Q2, 2014)
- Author, "So, You Think You Can Dance?: Lessons about Condominium By-Law and Rules Enforcement from Dyke v. Metropolitan Toronto Condo. Corp. No. 972" (The Brief Volume 5 Issue 1, Fall/Winter 2013)
- Jason E Roberts, “Bringing the Thin Blue Line into Line: Bill 16, The Police Services Act” (2011) 34:3 Manitoba Law Journal: Underneath the Golden Boy 71
- Kevin L Campbell, Jason E E Roberts, Laura N Watson, Jörg Stetefeld, Angela M Sloan, Anthony V Signore, Jesse W Howatt, Jeremy R H Tame, Nadin Rohland, Tong-Jian Shen, Jeremy J Austin, Michael Hofreiter, Chien Ho, Roy E Weber & Alan Cooper, “Substitutions in woolly mammoth hemoglobin confer biochemical properties adaptive for cold tolerance” (2010) 42 Nature Genetics 536.