Insolvency & Restructuring Law
Receiverships / Liquidation / Commercial & Personal Bankruptcy / Commercial & Personal Proposals / Companies Creditors Arrangement Act / Cross-Border Insolvencies
Our lawyers have been involved in many of the largest insolvency issues facing Manitoba corporations and individuals – we will bring our specialized knowledge and experience to develop the best solutions for your situation.
We provide legal advice on a broad spectrum of insolvency issues that include:
- Recovering outstanding loans or debts
- Resolving outstanding debt and any default on loan agreements
- Helping borrowers with reorganization, either informally or formally, under available provincial and federal legislation
- Advising trustees in bankruptcy, receivers, managers, and liquidators
- Advising both lenders and debtors in all aspects of commercial and farm loans, including arbitration, mediation, and proceedings under available provincial and federal legislation
- Appearing in all levels of court to determine a debtor's or creditor's rights, secured and unsecured
- Advising bankrupts on rights and on discharge applications
- Participating in proposed amendments to the Bankruptcy & Insolvency Act, including presentations to the Standing Committee on Industry
We are members of the Insolvency Institute of Canada and the Canadian Insolvency Practitioners Association and actively participate in and present at industry conferences.