Winnipeg hosts The Canadian Transport Lawyers Association's annual conference.
The Canadian Transport Lawyers Association (CTLA) will hold its annual, international conference on September 22-24, 2011, at Inn at the Forks in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
“We’ve called this conference ‘Journey to the Heart of the Continent’ because Winnipeg has been the cross-roads of Canada’s transportation network for over 200 years,” said Daniel P. Ryall, president of CTLA and partner at Fillmore Riley LLP.
“Founded in 1977, the CTLA provides a professional and social forum for lawyers engaged in the practise of transportation law. This year we will continue to compare Canada, U.S. and Mexican laws and legal practices that affect everyone transporting people and goods in North America.”
He added the 2011 CTLA Annual Conference will bring together legal specialists, their clients and advisors as well as representatives from various government agencies. “The who’s who of the transportation world in North America will be attending,” Ryall said.
This year's keynote speaker is Gail S. Asper, President of The Asper Foundation. The international roster of speakers includes prominent Canadian, U.S., and Mexican transport lawyers and professional consultants, as well as representatives from the transportation industry and government agencies.
Key topics include:
• Transportation industry tax issues;
• The implications and extent of “Carrier’s Liens”;
• Tactics, spoliation and the expanding rules for recognizing foreign judgments in Canada;
• Immigration issues and cross-border transportation;
• Mergers and acquisitions in transportation undertakings;
• Terminating transportation contracts and the principles of good faith and fair dealing; and
• The current state of electronic discovery in the U.S. and Canada.
For more detailed information, please call Daniel Ryall at 204.956.2970 or email email@example.com