Areas of Focus
Aron is a taxation and business lawyer at Fillmore Riley LLP.
His practice includes personal and corporate taxation, corporate reorganizations, tax disputes, wills and trusts, estate and succession planning, mergers and acquisitions, and incorporations (including professional corporations).
Aron also acts as general corporate and tax counsel to health care and other professionals, including doctors and dentists, and assists entrepreneurs who are looking to start or expand their businesses.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Former Contributing Editor (Winnipeg), Canadian Tax Focus
- Member, Board of Directors, a Winnipeg Condominium Corporation
- Member, Board of Directors, Jewish Child and Family Service
Publications / Presentations
- Author, "Initial Coin Offerings: A regulated affair" (The Brief Volume 10 Issue 2, 2018)
- Presenter, "Introduction to Medical Corporations and the Taxation Thereof " (General Surgery Residents’ Retreat, August 2018)
- Co-Presenter, "Introduction to Dental Corporations" (Manitoba Dental Students' Association, March 2018)
- Co-Author, “Current Issues in Tax Law” (Manitoba Bar Association, January 2018 Mid-Winter Conference)
- Co-Author, “Legal Issues in Practice Transitions” (Transitioning in Today’s Market Seminar, January 2018)
- Author, "The Precarious State of Dual Wills in Manitoba" (Canadian Tax Focus, Volume 7, Number 4, November 2017)
- Presenter, “Estate Planning For Your Future” (Will Week, April 2017)
- Co-Presenter, "Introduction to Dental Corporations" (Manitoba Dental Students' Association, March 2017)
- Presenter, "Tax Topics for Small Business Leaders" (TEC [The Executive Committee] Canada, February 2017)
- Co-Presenter, "Section 160 of the Income Tax Act and Section 325 of the Excise Tax Act and their Impact in Bankruptcy" (Manitoba Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals, March 2015)