Areas of Focus
Aron is a taxation and business lawyer at Fillmore Riley LLP.
His practice includes personal and corporate taxation, business structuring and incorporations, corporate reorganizations, tax disputes, wills and trusts, estate and succession planning, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance matters.
Aron also acts as general corporate and tax counsel to health care and other professionals, including doctors and dentists, and assists entrepreneurs who are looking to start or expand their businesses.
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Former Contributing Editor (Winnipeg), Canadian Tax Focus
- Vice-Chair, Executive Committee, Tax Law Section of the Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Council, Manitoba Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Jewish Child and Family Service
- Coach, University of Manitoba, Bowman National Tax Moot
- Former Member, Board of Directors, a Winnipeg Condominium Corporation
Publications / Presentations
- Co-Presenter, "Introduction to Medical Corporations" (General Surgery Residents’ Academic Half-Day, March 2020)
- Co-Presenter, "Introduction to Dental Corporations" (Manitoba Dental Students' Association, March 2017–2019)
- Author, "Initial Coin Offerings: A regulated affair" (The Brief Volume 10 Issue 2, 2018)
- Presenter, "Introduction to Medical Corporations and the Taxation Thereof " (General Surgery Residents’ Retreat, August 2018)
- Co-Author, “Current Issues in Tax Law” (Manitoba Bar Association, January 2018 Mid-Winter Conference)
- Co-Author, “Legal Issues in Practice Transitions” (Transitioning in Today’s Market Seminar, January 2018)
- Author, "The Precarious State of Dual Wills in Manitoba" (Canadian Tax Focus, Volume 7, Number 4, November 2017)
- Presenter, “Estate Planning For Your Future” (Will Week, April 2017)
- Presenter, "Tax Topics for Small Business Leaders" (TEC [The Executive Committee] Canada, February 2017)
- Co-Presenter, "Section 160 of the Income Tax Act and Section 325 of the Excise Tax Act and their Impact in Bankruptcy" (Manitoba Association of Insolvency and Restructuring Professionals, March 2015)