We have a multidisciplinary real estate practice built on decades of advising purchasers, vendors, landlords, tenants and developers of commercial, office, industrial, hotel and multifamily residential properties. Our real estate lawyers have the in-depth knowledge and experience to adeptly assist you through all aspects of real property transactions.
Our experience best demonstrates how we can assist you. By way of example, we routinely advise clients — whether individuals, private or public corporations, limited partnerships or governmental entities — in respect of:
- The purchase and sale (including sale and leaseback) of significant office, commercial and/or multifamily residential buildings in Manitoba and other provinces
- Commercial, industrial, hotel and multifamily portfolio acquisitions and divestitures
- Land development and construction of mixed use, industrial, commercial and/or multifamily projects
- All leasing matters from single tenant built-to-suit locations to multitenant office and commercial buildings
- All aspects of land acquisitions, financing, development, leasing and divestitures, including major land assemblies and subdivisions for development
- Purchase, ownership, transfer and sale of farmland throughout Manitoba
- Private contracts such as co-ownership agreements, easements and options to purchase
- Land titles, registration and mineral rights matters
- We also represent clients before municipal boards and tribunals concerned with construction or project development, taxation, expropriation and use and conveyance of commercial or industrial real estate.
Clients with real estate projects also benefit from our bench strength in related areas of practice, including corporate governance, construction (including construction-related litigation), tax and municipal law.