"I take pride in responding to my clients' needs in a timely manner and delivering effective solutions. "
Areas of Focus
Doug is a partner of Fillmore Riley LLP with a wide-ranging commercial law practice that includes purchase and sale transactions, commercial real estate transactions and banking and financial services law. He represents banks, credit unions and other financial service providers as well as corporate borrowers. His experience includes both debt and equity financing transactions. Doug has acted for both vendors and purchasers in connection with acquisitions and sales and purchases of businesses. Doug also represents numerous clients with commercial real estate transactions including purchase and sale agreements, land development and commercial leasing matters.
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Manitoba Bar Association
- Doug reviews and updates the Financing chapter of the Corporate and Commercial Transactions section of the CPLED materials.
Publications / Presentations
- Author, "Quistclose Trust: Security (Or Additional Security For A Loan Transaction" (2013) 32 E.T.P.J. 138
- Author, Bill C-83: Proposed Legislative Response to the Internet Pharmacy Industry and Potential Shortages in the Canadian Drug Supply (Asper Review of International Business and Trade Law, Volume VI, 2006)